By Idongesit Ashameri Correspondent, Uyo Leader of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Okpolupm Etteh, has expressed optimism that what Boko Haram is doing will neither stop the 2015 general elections nor President Goodluck Jonathan from seekin...
Nigerian News Headlines
Former Governor of Borno State, Ali Modu Sheriff has replied the allegations leveled against him in Wole Soyinka’s ‘Wage of Impunity’ article. Sheriff in an interview with Punch newspaper spoke through the Commissioner of Information and Home Affa...
Lagos state governor, Babatunde Fashola today visited the site of the collapsed building inside the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Ikotun. He commiserated with the church founder, Prophet T.B Joshua and also ordered all church workers to stop ...
Amidst the chaos and pandemonium that ensued when a guest-house at The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN), suddenly collapsed in the early afternoon of Saturday, tales from miraculous survivors have begun to emerge. “Thank You, Jesus”, a cry...
The Rivers State Government on Sunday warned that the state would resist any attempt to install “a certain Peoples Democratic Party governorship aspirant as governor” of the state in the 2015 election. The state, in a statement by Mr. Dave Iyofor,...
Over the weekend the media was awash with reports of a fresh sinister plot to throw Rivers State into avoidable crisis. According to the reports as they concern Rivers State, the new commissioner of police Dan Bature, has been directed by the Pres...
About two months after the importation of Ebola Virus Disease to Nigeria by a Liberian-American ECOWAS Diplomat, Mr. Patrick Sawyer, the Rivers State government had yet to receive any monetary assistance. But the Lagos State government had acknowl...
Ex-militants in Bayelsa State are now on war path with the state Governor, Chief Seriake Dickson, over the suspension of the annual Peace Day celebration in the state, saying since the governor came to office, he has refused to convene the annual ...
By Igoniko Oduma Correspondent, Yenagoa The refusal of Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, to mark the Peace Day festival of the state, is generating bad blood between him and ex-militant leaders, Daily Independent has gathered. The Peace Day...
Latest Nigerian News
- Dickson, ex-militant leaders head for clash www.dailyindependentnig.com, about 1 hour ago
- Fayemi, Mimiko, Amosun, Fani-Kayode Mourn Adekunle thisday, about 1 hour ago
- Ebola: Dabiri Decries Stigmatisation of Nigerians in Diaspora thisday, about 1 hour ago
- Ex-militants, Dickson on War Path over Suspension of Peace Day Celebration thisday, about 1 hour ago
- Reject INEC’s Reasons for Imbalanced Polling Units, Says Ohanaeze Ndigbo thisday, about 1 hour ago
- More Latest News Items..
- African-American Actress Claims She Was Detained for Prostitution for Kissing Her White Boyfriend in Public bella naija, about 2 hours ago
- Finalists Emerge for MTN Project Fame Season 7 linda ikeji, about 4 hours ago
- Photos from Sir Igbinedion's 80th birthday thanksgiving service linda ikeji, about 4 hours ago
- Idris Elba is Oh So Dreamy for Rolling Out Mag, Speaks on Fatherhood & Why He Doesn’t Pray bella naija, about 4 hours ago
- New video: Prince Chinedu Nwadike - Marry Me linda ikeji, about 5 hours ago
- More Entertainment News Items..
- Enyeama goes top in France www.dailyindependentnig.com, about 2 hours ago
- Quadri exits Belgium Open in round of 32 the nation, about 4 hours ago
- Imoh on target in Arabi loss the nation, about 4 hours ago
- Uzochukwu scores in first game for Chippa United the nation, about 4 hours ago
- Hapeol Be’er Sheva debut thrills Ogu the nation, about 4 hours ago
- More Sports News Items..