At least, five persons were feared killed after a bomb blast rocked Azare Motor Park in Bauchi, Wednesday night. The bomb reportedly exploded at about 10pm at the exit gate of the popular bus station, killing no fewer than five persons and injurin...
Nigerian News Headlines
A bomb blast on Wednesday night at a motor park in Azare in Bauchi State killed five persons. A statement on the incident issued in Bauchi by the State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Haruna Mohammed, indicated that 12 others sustai...
The Bill for an Act to Abolish and Prohibit Dichotomy and Discrimination between First Degrees and Higher National Diploma in the same Profession/Field and related matters on Wednesday scaled second reading in the Senate. The bill, which scaled se...
With the second reading of a bill seeking to put Nigerian polytechnics at par with the universities on Wednesday, the Senate has intensified moves to address the age-long clamour to bridge the dichotomy between the two higher institutions. Entitle...
Apparently giving up on the collapse of the ceasefire deal between the Boko Haram insurgents and the Nigerian government, the House of Representatives yesterday approved the $1 billion loan requested by President Goodluck Jonathan to prosecute the...
About 18 villages in Borno State are firmly under the control of Boko Haram insurgents despite a recent ceasefire allegedly agreed to by the sect and the federal government. Speaking at yesterday’s plenary in the House of Representatives, Hon. Isa...
All Progressives Congress, APC Governors yesterday demanded an emergency meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan over the dwindling financial status of their states. They also said the party had not endorsed any aspirant as their presidential can...
Governors of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) Wednesday declared that they would not impose any presidential aspirant of the party on its leadership during the forthcoming presidential primary of the party. The governors, who met und...
The coast is clear for President Goodluck Jonathan to obtain $1 billion loan to buy arms to bolster the fight against insurgency. The House of Representatives yesterday concurred with the Senate to approve the presidential request. The report of t...
Latest Nigerian News
- Bomb Blast kills Five in Bauchi thisday, 4 minutes ago
- Rwandan lawmakers condemn BBC Untold Story programme punch, 4 minutes ago
- FG, states, LGs share N603.5 for Sept punch, 4 minutes ago
- We support consensus presidential candidate – APC govs www.dailyindependentnig.com, 4 minutes ago
- Don’t force us back to the creeks – Ex-militant www.dailyindependentnig.com, 4 minutes ago
- More Latest News Items..
- Father Speaks on Why he Abandoned Children in Ogun State Boarding School for 8 Years bella naija, 5 minutes ago
- Nigerian models nominated for Africa Top Models at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week linda ikeji, 5 minutes ago
- And my (current) favorite African artist wins Mobo Awards linda ikeji, 5 minutes ago
- Graphic pics: 5 people die in accident along Kaduna Rd today linda ikeji, 5 minutes ago
- Don Jazzy's Mavin All Star Group Shut Down Manchester - Pics. dimoko korkus, about 1 hour ago
- More Entertainment News Items..
- Wenger insists matchwinner Podolski is not leaving Arsenal daily post, 5 minutes ago
- Nigeria fall to 42nd place in latest FIFA rankings daily post, about 1 hour ago
- Ronaldo determined to break Raul’s Champions League record ahead of Messi daily post, about 3 hours ago
- Falcons to battle Cameroon in AWC 2014 final daily post, about 3 hours ago
- Super Eagles to open Akwa Ibom Stadium with friendly match daily post, about 4 hours ago
- More Sports News Items..