Abuja (NAN) – A former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Tom Ikimi, on Tuesday announced his decision to withdraw his membership of the All Progressives Congress (APC). This is contained in a letter he signed and addressed to the APC National Chairman,...
Nigerian News Headlines
Gboyega Akinsanmi, Busayo Adekoya in Lagos, Paul Obi and Damilola Oyedele in Abuja The Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, has said Nigeria has only one active case of the infectious Ebola virus. Giving an update on government’s effort to ...
A nine year-old girl in the US has killed her shooting instructor by accident while being shown how to use a high-powered submachine gun. The instructor was giving the girl a lesson at a shooting range in Arizona when the recoil from the automatic...
After nearly four decades after her unborn infant died, doctors in India have removed a baby's skeleton from inside its mother. An Indian woman Kantabai Thakre became pregnant in 1978 at the age of 24. Doctors said the ectopic pregnancy (a complic...
Reports from Biu Local Government council in the troubled Northeastern state of Borno indicate that insurgents have burnt down all communication masts in the area and also snatched a Jeep, which was shared to APC chieftains by the Borno State, Gov...
Chiemelie Ezeobi Nine days after an attempt by a physically-challenged person to bomb the Murtala Muhammed Internation Airport in Lagos was foiled by security operatives, THISDAY yesterday gathered that it was merely in line with a new trend by th...
Founder and President of the Gospel Apostolic Church, Pa Samuel Sadela, who is described as the oldest pastor in Nigeria, has died at the age of 114.Pa Sadela died yesterday August 26th at the church premises. The church has already opened a condo...
Founder of the Gospel Apostolic Church, Pa Samuel Sadela, has passed on. Pa Sadela, known as the oldest preacher in the country, reportedly died in a Lagos hospital after complications relating to old age. He died at the age of 114. Report says he...
By Hassan Zaggi Correspondent, Abuja In an effort to develop the health sector in partnership with the private sector to reduce the incidences of medical tourism in the country, the Federal Government has inaugurated two committees. The committees...
Latest Nigerian News
- FG targets 30% electricity from coal by 2015 – Minister punch, about 1 hour ago
- NNPC seeks police assistance to protect pipelines punch, about 1 hour ago
- INEC seeks assistance to tackle illegal campaign finances punch, about 1 hour ago
- Disquiet in Prisons service over delay in CG’s appointment punch, about 1 hour ago
- FG begins construction of $650m Abuja Medical City punch, about 1 hour ago
- More Latest News Items..
- Samuel Eto’o Joins Everton bella naija, about 1 hour ago
- Woman shares Horrific Selfie after being Punched in the Face by Man for Telling Him Not to Grope Her bella naija, about 1 hour ago
- Battle of the booties: JLo & Iggy Azalea put their booties on display linda ikeji, about 1 hour ago
- Mercy Johnson's loving message to her husband on their wedding anniversary linda ikeji, about 1 hour ago
- Ikimi Carpets Tinubu Over ConocoPhilips dimoko korkus, about 1 hour ago
- More Entertainment News Items..
- Odds slashed on Van Gaal leaving United www.dailyindependentnig.com, about 1 hour ago
- Neil Warnock named as new manager of Crystal Palace www.dailyindependentnig.com, about 1 hour ago
- Heart condition forces Almunia to retire from football daily post, about 1 hour ago
- Crystal Palace appoint Neil Warnock as new manager daily post, about 1 hour ago
- Van Gaal not shocked after MK Dons stun United daily post, about 2 hours ago
- More Sports News Items..