On Wednesday, August 13, the Nigerian government fired all 16,000 resident doctors in the country during efforts to end the Nigerian Medical Association's (NMA) strike, which had lasted for 55 days before it was called off a few days ago. Minister...
Nigerian News Headlines
Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, has announced the reinstatement of the over 16, 000 resident doctors sacked on August 13 . His spokesperson, Dan Nwomeh, made the announcement on Friday. He said the Federal Government has lifted the suspensio...
0 Comments Sahara Reporters WHO Warns Of Ebola Explosion 15 Hours Ago
Rivers Port Complex (RPC), Port Harcourt, has called on the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) to stop granting shore-pass to crew of vessels that call at the port. This is aimed at curtailing further spread of the deadly ebola virus disease (EVD)...
In a recent interview with Arise News TV, Australian hostage negotiator, Stephen Davis, who was hired by the Nigerian government some months back to help negotiate with Boko Haram members to facilitate the release of abducted Chibok girls, mention...
According to reports, Boko Haram militants are beheading young men in the Christian community in Gwoza, the Borno town that the insurgent group recently took over and declared an Islamic caliphate.Sources from the town claim that Christian men who...
0 Comments Breaking News PDP Officials Grant Ribadu Waiver To Run In Adamawa Guber Election 46 Minutes Ago
Ahead of the October 11 governorship bye-election in Adamawa state, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Friday granted waiver to erstwhile Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Nuhu Ribadu and former Military Administra...
Former Governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, yesterday declared his interest to stand for the governorship seat of the state in 2015 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Ohakim, who addressed members of the party and journal...
Former Governor Chief Ikedi Ohakim showed up with his supporters at the PDP secretariat on Okigwe road on Thursday to formally declare his intention to contest the 2015 governorship election. In 2011, Chief Ohakim lost his re-election to the prese...
Latest Nigerian News
- BREAKING NEWS: FG Reinstates Sacked 16,000 Resident Doctors thisday, 8 minutes ago
- Adamawa: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri get waiver punch, 8 minutes ago
- FG wades into Kogi, Anambra bloody clashes punch, 8 minutes ago
- Failure to punish impunity fuels terrorism – Fayemi punch, 8 minutes ago
- PDP Officials Grant Ribadu Waiver To Run In Adamawa Guber Election sahara reporters, 8 minutes ago
- More Latest News Items..
- Introducing Premier Online Gift & Souvenir Store – Swish Ideas + Special Discounts For BN Readers bella naija, 9 minutes ago
- FG Reinstates 16,000 Fired Resident Doctors bella naija, 9 minutes ago
- Late Citizens bank chairman's 1st son dies 1 year after inheriting his estate linda ikeji, 9 minutes ago
- Ebola: Rivers state Min. of Health ask people who visited hospital where doctor died to come forward linda ikeji, 9 minutes ago
- Brand new video: P-Square ft T.I - Ejeajo linda ikeji, 9 minutes ago
- More Entertainment News Items..
- “If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo daily post, about 1 hour ago
- NFF crisis: Players, managers boycott league the nation, about 2 hours ago
- CAF stands firm on Nations Cup venues www.dailyindependentnig.com, about 2 hours ago
- ‘Ifreke Inyang: The 16 teams that will qualify for Champions League knock-out stages daily post, about 5 hours ago
- “I would have paid £100million for Lukaku” – Martinez talks up striker ahead of Chelsea’s visit daily post, about 6 hours ago
- More Sports News Items..