Boko Haram, the insurgent group wreaking havoc in the North-eastern part of Nigeria, has claimed responsibility for Friday’s multiple explosions in Abuja. Simultaneous bomb explosions had ripped through the satellite towns of Kuje and Nyanya, kill...
Nigerian News Headlines
By Yaqoub Popoola, Ado-Ekiti No fewer than 600 teachers have been murdered by the Islamist terrorist sect, Boko Haram, in the North East states of Nigeria, reports the National President, Nigeria Union of Teachers, Comrade Michael Alogba. Alogba a...
Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abujaâ€¨ The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to urgently arrest the resurgence of terrorist’ activities, especially the bomb attacks by reorganising the management, administration and operati...
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has said that 26 of the 39 victims of the Nyanya and Kuje bomb blasts are still receiving treatment in hospitals across the Federal Capital Territory. Mr Ishaya Chonoko, Coordinator of NEMA, Abuja op...
By Chesa Chesa, Abuja President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed that the 2016 National Budget being prepared by his administration would include fresh policies and measures to encourage the rapid diversification of the Nigerian economy from its cur...
President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed that the 2016 national budget will include fresh policies and measures to encourage the rapid diversification of Nigeria’s economy from dependence on the oil and gas sector.
Stories By Phillip Oladunjoye, Lagos Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) has announced the start-up of production from the Bonga Phase 3 project. Shell’s Upstream International Director, Andrew Brown, said: “This new ...
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Ltd has announced the start-up of production from the Bonga Phase 3 project. This was contained in a statement issued and signed by Mr Precious Okolobo, the Corporate Media Relations Manager ...
By Sola Alabadan, Lagos The Governor of Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele defended the naira again on Monday, saying it is “appropriately priced” and that the CBN does not plan any adjustments in the currency for now. Emefiele, who sp...
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Godwin Emefiele yesterday said the naira is “appropriately priced” and the apex bank does not plan any adjustments for the time being. “At this time…the currency is appropriately priced,” Emefiele told a...
Latest Nigerian News
- Adidas Refuses To Ask Blatter To Resign www.dailyindependentnig.com, 40 minutes ago
- Egbin Power Raises Alarm Over Threat To Electricity Generation www.dailyindependentnig.com, 40 minutes ago
- 10 Stockbrokers Hit N1.049trn In Sept www.dailyindependentnig.com, 40 minutes ago
- Poultry Farmers Lose Over N10b To Bird Flu www.dailyindependentnig.com, 40 minutes ago
- Eaglets To Play Argentina U-17 Today www.dailyindependentnig.com, 40 minutes ago
- More Latest News Items..
- Organisers unveil AFRIFF programme the nation, about 4 hours ago
- Yemi Alade collection debuts the nation, about 4 hours ago
- The CEO moves to Paris the nation, about 4 hours ago
- Lilian Amah eyes AMP presidency the nation, about 4 hours ago
- Photos of the woman adjudged best teacher in Ekiti state who won a car linda ikeji, about 5 hours ago
- More Entertainment News Items..
- FIBA confirms Nigeria, 11 others for Rio 2016 Olympics sun news, 42 minutes ago
- Mazembe, USM reach CAF Champions League final sun news, 42 minutes ago
- Don’t blame NFF for Ofoegbu’s injury woes, says Onyedinma sun news, 42 minutes ago
- More trouble for Mourinho sun news, 42 minutes ago
- Mikel, Ighalo ready for Leopards sun news, 42 minutes ago
- More Sports News Items..